1.CURRENCY All fees and charges set forth herein are to be paid in the local currency of the renting location.
2.AGE REQUIREMENTS AND FEES Minimum Age Renters and additional authorized drivers must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older, except where provincial or state law provides otherwise or for rentals of Large Vans (seating capacity of 10 or more persons), renters and additional authorized drivers must be twenty-five (25) years of age or older. In the states of New York and Michigan, Renters and additional authorized drivers must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years old. In the province of Newfoundland, the minimum age for all rentals is twenty-five (25) years old. Young Driver Fees - Unless included in the Rate Product, an additional young driver fee may apply for each Renter and additional authorized driver as follows:
Age Originating Rental Location Additional Fee 21-24 years old All Provinces and States Except New York and Michigan $25.00/day 18-20 years old New York State $57.00/day 21-24 years old New York State $20.50/day 18-20 years old Michigan $34.00/day 21-24 years old Michigan $13.00/day
Renters and additional authorized drivers who are between eighteen and twenty (18-20) years old are restricted to the rental of economy through intermediate class vehicles only in New York and economy through full size class vehicles in Michigan. Renters and additional drivers who are between twenty-one and twenty-four (21-24) years old are restricted to the rental of economy through standard class vehicles only in New York and economy through full size class vehicles and minivans only in Michigan. All fees are subject to change at Provider's sole discretion.
3.ADDITIONAL DRIVERS Unless included in the Rate Product and unless applicable law requires otherwise, rental vehicles may not be driven by anyone except additional authorized drivers as defined in the Rental Agreement. Additional authorized drivers must be added at the time of rental and the Renter and additional authorized driver(s) must present a valid drivers license and meet minimum age requirements. An additional fee per day per additional authorized driver will be charged, except where state law provides otherwise. The additional authorized fee is from $9.99 per day and is subject to change at any time by Provider.
4.IDENTIFICIATION REQUIRED FOR RENTAL A full valid Driver's License from the Renter's country of origin and passport in Renter's name is required for each rental. Renters cannot be residents of the United States or Canada. Additionally, Renters must present a valid non-US/non-Canadian driver's license and a valid non-US/non-Canadian Passport. Renters must provide a valid credit card unless the Renter meets the debit/cash qualifications set forth herein. If the driver's license is in a language other than English, an International Driver's Permit in conjunction with the Renter's country of residence driver's license is required.
5.METHODS OF PAYMENT
Credit Cards - Provider accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club International, and Discover credit cards at all locations.
Debit Card/Cash Rentals - Provider accepts Debit cards and Cash at certain Corporate Airport locations in the United States and Canada and *cash only (not a debit card) is accepted at licensee locations at the end of rental. Cash is not accepted in New York State, New Jersey State or any non-airport locations in the USA and Canada and *licencee locations Sault St Marie and Thunder Bay in Canada. Cash deposits are not accepted for any one-way rentals. In order to qualify for such rental the Renter must present a valid passport and validation of a round trip airline ticket. Cash qualifications may vary by location and are subject to change. In lieu of a Debit Card/Cash deposit, the Renter may present a valid credit card at the start of the Rental and have the option to pay cash upon returning the vehicle for any additional or mandatory items.
When paying a deposit in Cash or by Debit Card, the following amounts are required: For Vouchered/E-Vouchered Rentals, Renter must make a cash deposit with Provider in the amount of $25/day or $100/week in addition to the estimated charges not covered by the Voucher/ E-Voucher. For Non-Vouchered Rentals, Renter must make a cash deposit with Provider in the amount of $50/day or $200/week in addition to the estimated charges for the rental. In some circumstances Cash deposits may be returned to the Renter's home address in the form of a USD/CAD cheque.
6.SEATBELTS and INFANT/CHILD SEAT State or provincial law may require the use of seatbelts and infant/child seats and this law may vary between states and provinces. An additional fee of up to $6.99 per day with a maximum price of $70.00 per every 30 day rental per infant/child seat will be charged when rented from Provider. Infant/child seats should be requested at time of reservation. In the event the infant/child seat is damaged or not returned at the end of the rental, a fee will be assessed to the Renter. Renters are responsible for installing infant/child seats and may use their own infant/child seats in Providers' vehicles.
7.GPS (GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM) Unless included in the Rate Product, GPS navigational systems are available at an additional cost and are subject to availability. The GPS daily rental fee is $11.99 and the weekly rental fee is $69.65 with a maximum GPS rental fee of $179.99 per every 30 day rental. The GPS rental fee is subject to change at any time by the Provider.
8.SKI RACKS, SNOW CHAINS, WINTER TIRES Ski racks must be requested at the time of reservation and are subject to availability. The Renter will be charged an additional fee of $7.50 per day with a maximum price of $70.00 per every 30 day rental, for a ski rack rental unless otherwise included in the Rate Product. Snow chains are not permitted on Provider vehicles. All season tires are provided on vehicles. Winter tires are provided at an additional charge in Quebec unless included in the Rate Product.
9.ROADSIDE PLUS (RP) /ROADSIDE PROTECTION (RSP) Unless included in the Rate Product, Renter may purchase RP or RSP at all Corporate owned locations in Canada and the United States from $4.99 per day. RP or RSP includes the following benefits at no additional charge: Key replacement/delivery service: replacement keys delivered. (For rentals originating in California, Kansas, New York or Nevada RP or RSP does not include the cost of the replacement key(s) but does waive the cost of the delivery service. If the Rate Product includes CDW/LDW or is otherwise elected, the cost of replacement key(s) is waived). Please check with your rental branch for details. Flat Tire: if the vehicle's spare tire is installed and serviceable, it will be installed to replace a flat tire. If no inflated spare tire is available, the vehicle will be towed in accordance with the towing provision. Towing: Towing charges will be covered at no additional cost should the vehicle be inoperable (if unrelated to an accident). Jump start: A battery boost will be provided in an attempt to start the vehicle. Lockout service: If the keys are locked inside the vehicle, service will be sent to gain entrance. Fuel delivery: A limited supply of gasoline will be delivered to the vehicle to enable the Renter to reach the nearest open service station. (Up to three gallons or equivalent liters).
If RP or RSP is not purchased or included in the Rate Product, roadside assistance for the items listed above is available at standard charges. For roadside assistance, call 1-800-803-4444 for Alamo and 1-800-367-6767 for National. RP or RSP is void and of no effect if, at the time of the incident necessitating roadside assistance, the Renter (or any driver) was in violation of the Rental Agreement, including, without limitation, the Prohibited Uses and Violations set forth in the Rental Agreement. In such instances, additional charges will apply for any roadside assistance.
10. FUELING POLICY The fuel level of the vehicle at time of rental will be full. Unless fuel is included in the Rate Product*, Renter may return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel or pre-pay for a full tank of fuel at the time of rental at the rate provided at the renting location. If the Renter selects the pre-paid fuel option, no refunds will be given for unused fuel. If the Renter does not return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel or select the pre-paid fuel option, the Renter will be charged to return the fuel tank to full at a rate provided at the location to which the vehicle is returned. *Fuel is not included in the Rate Product at all Manhattan locations.
11. COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW) / LOSS DAMAGE WAIVER (LDW) Renter shall be responsible for damage to, loss or theft of the rental vehicle as set forth in the rental agreement. If not included in the Rate Product rate, CDW and LDW are available in Canada and the United States. CDW and LDW are not insurance. CDW and LDW are optional and are not required in order to rent a vehicle. If Renter elects CDW or LDW or if CDW or LDW is included in the Rate Product, Provider agrees, subject to the actions that invalidate CDW and LDW, to contractually waive Renter's responsibility for all or part of the cost of damage to, loss or theft of the rented vehicle or any part or accessory and related costs (including, but not limited to, loss of use, administrative fees and diminishment of value) regardless of fault or negligence. For rentals originating in the United States, the Renter has no retained responsibility. For rentals originating in Canada, the Renter is responsible for the first $500 of damage to the vehicle, except at the following National licensee locations, Renter is responsible for the first $1,500 of damage to the vehicle for rentals originating in Comox, Courtenay, Deer Lake, Duncan, Gander, Guelph, Nanaimo, North Vancouver, Port Hardy, Jasper, St Johns, all Victoria locations on Vancouver Island and Wabush. An additional CDW or LDW product which reduces the Renter's responsibility to $0.00 is available to purchase in Canada (Corporate locations only) at the time of rental at $4.99 per day. CDW and LDW are subject to the terms and conditions and subject to the limitations set forth in the Rental Agreement entered into between the Provider and Renter.
12. LIABILITY PROTECTION - EXTENDED PROTECTION (EP) / SUPPLEMENTAL LIABLITY INSURANCE (SLI) United States In the United States only, certain Rate Products include EP or SLI. If EP or SLI is not included in the Rate Product, EP or SLI can be purchased at Corporate owned and some licensee renting locations in the United States by all Middle Eastern, African, Australian and New Zealand Renters. At Corporate locations in the United States, EP & SLI provides Renter or any additional authorized drivers with third party liability protection in an amount equal to the minimum financial responsibility limits applicable to the Vehicle (the Primary Protection). EP or SLI also provides additional third party liability protection, through an excess liability policy, with limits of the difference between the Primary Protection and a combined single limit of $1 million per accident for bodily injury, death and/or property damage to others arising out of the use or operation of the Provider vehicle by Renter or an additional authorized driver, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. Also included in EP and SLI for rentals in the United States (except for EP or SLI when purchased at a licensee location) is uninsured/underinsured ("UM/UIM") coverage for bodily injury and property damage in an amount equal to the minimum financial responsibility limits applicable to the vehicle (the Primary Protection), and additional coverage, through an excess liability policy, with limits for the difference between the statutory minimum underlying limits and $100,000 per accident (for rentals commencing in New York, UM/UIM limits are $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident; for rentals commencing in Hawaii, the UM/UIM limits are $1,000,000 combined single limit) or state mandated UM/UIM limit, whichever is greater. PROVIDER AND RENTER REJECT ANY ADDITIONAL UM/UIM COVERAGE TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. EP and SLI, including UM/UIM benefits are provided only when Renter or any additional authorized drivers are driving the Vehicle. No claim for UM/UIM may be made due to the negligence of the driver of the Vehicle. EP and SLI coverage for Vehicles rented in the US is in effect only while another additional authorized driver or renter is driving the vehicle within the United States and Canada; coverage does not apply in Mexico. A benefit summary for EP and SLI is contained within the applicable brochure available at the rental location. Note: Any UM/UIM benefits paid are included in the $1 million combined single limit SLI coverage and in no way increase the combined single limit amount referenced above. This insurance coverage is underwritten by Ace American Insurance Company. At licensee locations in the United States, EP and SLI provides primary protection for liability claims against the Renter and authorized drivers for injury/death or property damage up to $1,000,000 USD. EP and SLI are subject to the terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement between the Renter and the applicable Provider. Canada Certain Rate Products include extended liability coverage at locations in Canada. If extended liability coverage is not included in Rate Product it cannot be purchased at renting locations in Canada.
At such locations in Canada, extended liability coverage provides Renter and additional authorized drivers with a combined single limit of $1,000,000 for third party claims that may be made by others against the Renter and additional authorized drivers for bodily injury, death and/or property damage arising out of the use or operation of the Vehicle and subject to the limitations set forth in the applicable Rental Agreement entered into between the applicable Provider and Renter and in the insurance policy which provides coverage.
13. TAXES AND FEES Unless otherwise stated in the Rate Product, taxes, surcharges (including without limitation vehicle licensing and similar fees and concession fees, consolidated facility charges and airport access fees), Intercity Fees, toll pass, refueling, one-way, Young Driver, and additional authorized driver fees and any fees or charges for optional products or services are not included in the rates paid by Renter to Provider. Such amounts are the responsibility of Renter and shall be charged to Renter and paid by Renter upon return of the Vehicle.
Legislation, regulation or the cost of fuel may affect Provider's pricing or procedures. On all inclusive Rate Products only, Provider reserves the right, without notice to (i) charge Renter at the time of rental or thereafter, for the amount of any additional or increased surcharges, fees, taxes or increased fuel costs incurred subsequent to entering into the Agreement with Customer or (ii) increase Customer's Rate by an amount equivalent to the additional or increased tax, surcharge or fuel cost subsequent to entering into the Tour Agreement.
14. DRIVING TERRITORY Vehicles rented in the United States can be driven in any state in the United States (including the District of Columbia). Vehicles must be returned to the location from which they were rented unless Provider has authorized at the time of the reservation that the vehicle can be returned to a different location. Vehicles rented in Alaska must be returned to Alaska. Vehicles may not be driven into Mexico. Vehicles rented in the United States can be driven into Canada, with the exception of 12 or 15 passenger vans, but must be returned to the United States unless Renter has pre-arranged with Provider to drop the vehicle off at one of Provider's approved locations in Canada whereby a transborder fee may apply. Canadian residents renting vehicles in the United States may not drive vehicles into Canada. Vehicles rented in Canada can be driven into the United States, but must be returned to Canada unless Renter has pre-arranged with Provider to drop the vehicle off at one of Provider's approved locations in the United States whereby a transborder fee may apply. Rentals originating at all licensee operated locations in British Columbia may only be driven in the provinces of British Columbia and Alberta and the state of Washington.
15. ONE WAY FEES AND INTERCITY FEES All one way rentals must be booked in advance, are subject to availability and are restricted to return at a location under the same brand as the location from which the vehicle was rented. Intercity Fees may apply and are payable to Provider by Renter at the time of rental. Intercity Fees for rentals originating and terminating in different rental locations, as determined by Provider in its sole discretion, may be changed from time to time. The Intercity Fee for Rentals commencing between July 1, 2014 and August 31, 2014 from all San Francisco locations to all destinations in the United States for the STAR (Convertible) is $350 for Alamo and $399 for National in addition to the Rate and additional charges. Refer to the Tour Agreement, Schedule 3 for all Intercity Fees. Mileage/kilometrage between locations is determined by Provider in its reasonable discretion. In the event a one way rental is not booked in advance and the Renter subsequently drops a vehicle at a different location than the location rented from, Renter will be subject to a one-way fee, which may be different than Intercity Fees as provided for in Schedule 3.
16. MILEAGE/KILOMETRAGE Rates include unlimited mileage/kilometrage in all locations except rentals commencing in Deer Lake, Gander, Gaspe, Guelph, Jasper, Matane, Mont Joli, Regina, Rimouski, Riviere du Loup, Sept Iles (airport and city), Sault Ste-Marie, St John's, Thunder Bay and Wabush Airport, which locations will include 200 free kilometers per day or 1,400 free kilometers per week. A surcharge will apply for each additional kilometer.
17. TOLL PASS Toll Pass Automatic- Renter may be charged a Tollpass Convenience Charge (TCC) (where available) of $3.95 per day during the Rental Period for each day the rental vehicle is operated on a TCC Covered Road and the vehicle operator does not pay an applicable toll. Total TCC will not to exceed $19.75 per Rental Period. In addition to the TCC, Provider or a third party may separately charge Renter's credit or debit card for the posted cost of all tolls that are not paid by the vehicle operator and are incurred during the Rental Period. Operation of Vehicle on a roadway or bridge not covered by Toll Pass Automatic, where applicable tolls are not paid by the vehicle operator, may subject the Renter to fines, costs and fees. Provider may transfer Renter's name, address, credit card information and all other data necessary to enable the collection of all tolls and associated charges incurred during the rental period. Renters can elect to use their own transponder on TCC Covered Roads. Toll Pass Waiver- Renter may elect Toll Pass Waiver (TPW) to rent a toll pass transponder device in Chicago. The TPW charge is $6.99 per rental day. The TPW charges include all tolls generated on all toll roads. Toll Pass Device- Renter may rent a toll pass device at the time of rental at airport locations in the northeast United States. The charge for the toll pass device is $3.95 per rental day with a maximum of $19.75 per Rental Period. In addition to the toll pass device rental charge, Provider or a third party shall separately charge Renter's credit card or debit card for the posted cost of all tolls that are not paid by the vehicle operator and incurred during the Rental Period.
18. GRACE PERIOD When Renter rents a vehicle and returns the vehicle within 29 minutes of the time it was rented on a subsequent day (as noted on the applicable Rental Agreement), Renter will not incur an additional charge. In the event, the Vehicle is returned 30 minutes or more after the time noted on the Rental Agreement on a subsequent day, an hourly charge will be applied at the rate set forth on the applicable Rental Agreement for each full or partial hour in excess of a rental day, including the first hour over the 24-hour billing cycle. If a Vehicle is returned during non-business hours or to any place other than the originating rental location listed on the Rental Agreement unless otherwise pre-arranged by Provider and Renter, additional charges shall apply. All rental charges incurred through the time a Provider employee checks in the vehicle are Renter's responsibility.
19. VOUCHERS/EVOUCHERS If a Renter with a prepaid rental returns the Vehicle prior to the end of the reserved period, no credit will be given for the unused portion of the Voucher or E-Voucher.
20. MAXIMUM RENTAL PERIOD Customers may rent vehicles from Provider locations for up to eleven consecutive months, not to exceed 330 days, excluding National locations in Canada. One Voucher/E-Voucher is required for the full duration of the Rental. The term for the Rental shall initially be for a period of one (1) month and shall automatically renew for successive one (1) month terms through the Rental Period. The initial Rental Agreement executed by Customer shall apply throughout each such one month term of the Rental even if Provider assigns Customer one or more new contract numbers during such term for billing purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Provider, at its option, shall have the right to require Customer from time to time to execute a new Rental Agreement during the Rental Period.
21. MINIMUM RENTAL PERIOD On fuel inclusive Rate Products, a minimum rental period of 4 days is required for rentals in the United States and Canada.
22. ADDITIONAL DRIVERS - FUEL INCLUSIVE PRODUCTS Fuel inclusive Rate Products include up to 3 additional drivers.
23. RENTAL EXTENSION Rental extensions must be authorized by Provider. Rates for any period of time beyond the days reserved by Customer for Renter and confirmed by Provider shall be set at Provider's sole discretion. Rates associated with any extension of the rental period shall be the responsibility of the Renter. The rental period does not terminate until Renter returns the vehicle to a Provider location and such vehicle is checked in by Provider.
24. RENTAL AGREEMENTS AND ADDENDUMS At the time of rental, Renter will be provided with a Rental Agreement. For vans with a seating capacity of 10 or more (including the driver), Renter will also be provided with a "Rental Agreement Addendum." Renter must ensure the Rental Agreement and Rental Agreement Addendum are kept in the vehicle at all times during the rental.
25. IFAR, SFAR & FFAR VEHICLE CLASSES IFAR, SFAR & FFAR These cars are respectively Intermediate, Standard, or Fullsize SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle) Vehicles. Vehicles in each of these car classes may be all wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, front wheel drive or 2 wheel drive.
26. FVAR - Fullsize Van This vehicle class cannot be used to transport children aged 17 or younger for school related functions, unless they are family members of the Renter.
27. MOBILITY DEVICES Provider offers the following mobility devices at no additional charge: left hand controls, left foot accelerators, spinner knobs, foot pedal extenders and seat belt extenders. Certain vehicles may not accommodate all mobility devices. Renters requiring vehicles equipped with mobility devices must contact Provider in advance to confirm arrangements.or Alamo: 1-800-651-1223 or email@example.com. For hearing or speech-impaired users of TTY devices, call 1-800-522-9295 o National: 1- 888-273-5262 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For hearing or speech-impaired users of TTY devices, call 1-800-328-6323
28. CITATIONS, TOLLS, FINES All fines, costs and attorneys' fees for legal violations, parking, tolls, towing and storage related to the rental vehicle or incurred by Provider during Renter's rental are the responsibility of Renter and will be charged accordingly. Provider may impose additional restrictions, qualifications and/or conditions on Renter for the rental of vehicles. Rental Policies and prices are subject to change by Provider without notice and may vary by location. This Schedule does not apply to Renters who are residents of the United States or Canada. Additionally, Renters must present a valid non-US/non-Canadian driver's license and a valid non-US/non-Canadian Passport.